I’ve been having a lot of fun lately creating recipes like these Matcha White Chocolate Mini Muffins that make use of my mini-muffin tin. Mini muffins are such a perfect work snack. I love having a couple of muffins with coffee first thing in the morning while I figure out what my day is going to look like and prioritize my to-do list.
Plus, we are getting close to St. Patrick’s Day, and I feel like I’d be remiss as a food blogger if I didn’t eke out at least one sort-of-green recipe. Matcha White Chocolate Mini Muffins aren’t intensely green, but definitely have the light spring green hue of matcha going on. I love the intense green tea flavor that matcha brings to these, as well as the soft sweetness of the mini white chocolate chips. As yummy as these are with my morning espresso, they are also great as a treat served with more green tea. My two favorite green teas (outside of matcha, of course) are Moroccan Mint Green Tea and Genmaicha, which is a green tea combined with toasted rice. Trust me, it’s delicious. These are even better when served alongside matcha white chocolate mini muffins.
The batter for these muffins is silky and lovely. After mixing the ingredients, it takes just a scant tablespoon to fill up each muffin cup.
The muffins bake for about 20 minutes (or until a skewer poked in the middle comes out clean). They definitely need to cool, as the matcha seeps a bit while the muffins are still warm. Once they’ve cooled though, they are heavenly.
Enjoy these Matcha White Chocolate Mini Muffins with a cup of green tea, while gazing out the window and looking at the daffodils blooming. Trust me, it will be worth it.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Matcha tea powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup mini white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream the butter and sugar in a medium sized bowl. Add the eggs, vanilla, matcha powder, and Greek yogurt and mix.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients a bit at a time until all the dry ingredients are combined.
- Add the mini white chocolate chips. Stir to combine.
- Butter or line each cup of a mini-muffin pan. Spoon a tablespoon of the muffin batter into each cup.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until a knife or toothpick entered into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Makes 24 mini-muffins
Check out these items similar to those I’ve used in my post:
This post contains affiliate links, which means if you purchase something from this post, I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. I only include products that I use, love, or want for myself. Thank you for supporting Fix Me a Little Lunch.