If you are looking for a quick and easy lunch for this new year, look no further than guacamole black bean wraps. Homemade guacamole is the star of this recipe. With just a few other ingredients, you’ll have lunch ready to go in no time.
I’m paring my guacamole black bean wraps with a kale salad this week. I’m continuing to experiment with kefir – I promise there will be tips and recipes featuring kefir coming up soon on the blog. I’ve managed to keep my kefir grains healthy and happy for several weeks now. What’s that got to do with kale salad? Well, I made a great ranch kefir dressing, which also made a pretty good dipping sauce for the wraps.
I can’t wait for tomatoes to be in season again. It’s been warm here on the coast, and I’m starting to long for spring. Fresh tomatoes would go great in this guacamole. In the absence of that, some local shallots worked out really well. A little lime and some cilantro and salt rounds out the guac. Black beans, cheese and tortillas and there’s lunch. This will definitely make my week much easier.
- 4 flour tortillas
- 2 large avocados
- 1/4 shallot, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Salt to taste
- Combine the avocados, shallots, cilantro, and lime. Mash the avocado and salt to taste.
- Warm the tortillas in a skillet or for a few minutes in a preheated oven.
- Spread the guacamole evenly between the four tortillas. Divide the black beans and the cheese and spread on top of the guacamole. Roll the wraps by folding the top and bottom of the tortilla over the ingredients and then rolling up the sides.
- Serves 4. Enjoy!