Macadamia Lemon Shrimp Salad is a #FoodBloggerLove recipe. What is #FoodBloggerLove? Each year, The Pintertest Kitchen hosts #FoodBloggerLove, a great chance for foodies and bloggers to share the love around Valentine’s Day with another blogger. This is my first year participating, and it’s been so much fun! I was paired with Meadoe from Meadoe Out on a Limb. Meadoe is a food and lifestyle blogger, so there are lots of great recipes for healthy food, as well as great fitness plans and tips, and parenting tips on her blog. In addition, she’s got great tips for doing a 21 Day Fix, including lots of really tasty recipes.
Here are a couple of my favorites from Meadoe’s site:
I love that the foods, while healthy, also sound so incredibly tasty – I don’t think I’d miss my carbs and cheese with any of these recipes.
Meadoe is also on social media – check out her social accounts here:
So when I got Meadoe’s name for the exchange, it included some information she wanted me to know, including that she posts easy, healthy recipes, in addition to stories from her fitness journey and posts about adventures in parenthood. Her favorite recipes are soups and salads, but she hates onions.
This, and the health focus overall, inspired my macadamia lemon shrimp salad recipe. I’ve been curious about the whole Whole 30 thing – by and large, minus the carbs, cheese and dairy, Clay and I eat a pretty healthy diet. However, my lunches have been a little decadent here of late (I’m blaming the weather and the need for comfort food). As spring is finally starting to peek around the corner, I think I’m ready for some healthier lunches. So this week’s recipe is my inspired #FoodBlogerLove salad, which is Whole 30, quick, easy and definitely healthy.
- 16 – 20 medium sized shrimp (I used frozen – you could definitely use fresh here and cook until they are done)
- 1 package of mixed lettuces (spring mix or similar)
- 1 chiogga beet
- 1 bunch of radishes
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped finely
- Juice of 1 lemon + lemon wedges for an additional lemon
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3/4 cup roughly chopped macadamia nuts
- Salt to taste
- Peel and slice the chiogga beet into thin slices. Slice the radishes. Toss the lettuce, beets, and radishes in a bowl and set aside.
- Either cook the shrimp or thaw the frozen shrimp by running it under cold water. Once the shrimp is ready, combine with the chopped garlic and the juice of the lemon and set aside.
- In a small pan, melt the coconut oil over low heat. Add the macadamia nuts and stir the nuts until they turn a golden brown. Drain and add to the salad.
- Plate the salad and add the shrimp to each plate. Squeeze a bit more lemon over the top and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serves 4
If you would like to join up with #FoodBloggerLove next year, join the Facebook group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/foodbloggerlove/
This post is linked up to Kahakai Kitchen Souper Sunday.