If you are looking for a great holiday cookie to enjoy with your coffee, triple chocolate peppermint biscotti are perfect! While I am happy to make biscotti anytime, I made these for the 2017 Food Blogger Love Cookie Exchange. I had so much fun making cookies for other bloggers, but also receiving cookies! All the cookie recipes will be available on Dec. 4 and I’ll be sure to post the link. I received three dozen of the most lovely cookies, including white chocolate dipped ginger cookies from Kate at Kate’s Recipe Box, chocolate caramel chip cookies from Renee at If Spoons Could Talk, and chocolate dipped coffee shortbread cookies from Rebekah at Making Miracles. All were so yummy!
So if you are looking forward to a cookie exchange, dust off your baking supplies and make some triple chocolate peppermint biscotti! These take a bit of time. Biscotti are twice baked to get that lovely crisp texture, which makes them absolutely ideal for dunking in coffee. I’m a huge fan of sitting around on a Sunday morning with a good book, a cup of coffee, and a couple of biscotti – especially if it’s raining. I can safely say that’s my very definition of a cozy happy place.
Use the best cocoa you can find for these. I fell in love with Rodelle’s Gourmet Baking Cocoa during Choctoberfest this year (check out my rum brownies here). I used up the very last of my supply for these triple chocolate peppermint biscotti. It was totally worth it. Dark chocolate chips add to the deep chocolate flavor for these. A little melted white chocolate to finish with just a dash of peppermint and you have a great holiday, or any time, cookie.
In fact, I think I need to make some more of these very soon. They will help me get through the rush of the holiday season.
- 12 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups flour
- 1 cup cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 3 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream the butter, sugar, eggs,and vanilla together in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and incorporate until the dough comes together. Add the 2 cups dark chocolate chips.
- Shape the dough into two even sized logs, each about 12 inches long. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
- Let the logs cool slightly. When cool enough to handle, use a serrated knife to cut dough into 3/4 inch cookies. Place the cookies on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Turn the cookies over and bake for another 10 minutes or until cookies are crisp. Let cool.
- Add the white chocolate chips and peppermint extract to a small saucepan and melt over low heat. Dip each biscotti in the white chocolate and place on a cooling rack to dry. Store cookies in an airtight container.
- Makes 36 cookies. Enjoy!